So most of us at PoweredOn and the world over are in agreement that PUBG Xbox One edition is a potentially great game which currently plays terribly.
The game is plagued with Lag, crashes, incomplete texture loadout, HUD glitches, falling through the map to name but a few of the issues we’re seeing.
Up until this point we’d only had a smattering of “lip service” tweets from Bluehole about the issues but it seems they’ve finally pulled their collective fingers out of their arses and made some improvements.
The patch is a whopping 4.7Gb which is almost bigger than the original game file which weighed in at just 5.2Gb
The patch notes are below, brew a pot of coffee and have a read while your update downloads.
- Gas can now be used while on bike or bike with sidecar
- Equipment icons on HUD will now be visible
- Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map
- UI prompts now appear when reload and enter a vehicle options are present
- Tweaked hair color options
- Cleaned up sidecar passenger animations in first person view
- Fixed player camera issues while a passenger on the backseat of a Buggy
- Addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons
- Character now correctly faces the proper direction when stopping while swimming
- First pass visual and performance improvements
- Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
- Localization updates for Vietnamese, Spanish,(Spain/Mexico)
- Controls on motorcycle no longer inverted
- Keyboard functionality is disabled
- Fixed instances of player nametags not properly displaying in the lobby during Squad and Duo play
- Fixed minor animation while crouching and prone
- Fixed issues where curtains on windows block line of sight of players in the TPP mode
- Fixed an issue where when Squad leader left the party, voice chat ceased to function as intended
- Fixed issue where players could lean out of vehicles even when obstructed
- Fixed collision of cardboard boxes in Yasnaya city
- Fixed typo in the controller guide
- Other minor fixes