Id Software has today announced that Quake Champions is to be on the receiving end of a monster-sized update bringing a new map, leaderboards and more.
If you followed our preview of Quake Champions you’ll be aware that the game is shaping up rather well so far in its early access phase and this week, December 14th the game is set to expand even further.
The December update will include,
- New Champion – Keel! Last seen in Quake 3 Arena the war machine Keel has returned and will join the roster of heroes next week, bringing a Grenade Swarm active ability that allows him to launch a volley of grenades and the Stockpile passive ability, which reduces the cooldown on Grenade Swarm with every ammo box he picks up. Keel will be free for players who own the full Champions Pack and available for purchase using Platinum via the in-game store for everyone else.
- New Map for Duel – Vale of Pnath – Duel mode’s pure test of skill has ignited competition in Early Access, and next week players will get another arena dedicated to 1v1 and 2v2. Vale of Pnath is a wickedly vertical shrine to the Elder God Ithagnal built atop treacherous acid-filled caverns. This new map is free for all players.
- Ranked Play & Leaderboards – Early Access players will be now be able to see where they rank against the world.
- Holiday Celebration – See in the holidays with specially themed items including animated Champion shaders and festive weapons shaders, holiday decorations on Burial Chamber and Corrupted Keep, holiday hat vanities for Champions, and limited edition profile icons and nameplates.
- Custom Crosshairs – A community requested feature allowing players to choose from 40 different crosshair options and use a slider to select the colour of their choice.
Be sure to check out this cool comic book style story trailer for Keel.
As promised it’s an update packed with features as Quake Champions stays true to its roots and continues to go from strength to strength in its early phase.